The skin is the body’s first line of defense. It stops harmful microorganisms, such as viruses and bacteria, from getting into the body. It also protects people from the environment.
You may suspect you have dry, oily, or sensitive skin, but do you know your skin type? Knowing your true skin type can help the next time you’re in the cosmetics aisle. Using, using the wrong products or even popularized Internet hacks for your skin type could worsen acne, dryness, or other skin problems.
WHAT IS A DRY SKINCARE?
According to a 2020 study, a consistent skincare regimen can lead to measurable changes in dry skin. Dry skin is an uncomfortable condition marked by scaling, itching, and cracking. It can occur for a variety of reasons. You might have naturally dry skin. But even if your skin tends to be oily, you can develop dry skin from time to time. If you have dry skin, you know that finding the perfect skincare routine can mean the difference between a flaky and a comfortable, glowing complexion.
Dry skin means that your face can't protect itself as well as it should from the environment. When the skin is dry, it develops tiny cracks in the outer layer, interfering with its ability to maintain hydration properly.
Dealing with dry, dehydrated skin? Don’t despair. There’s a skincare routine for that! Maybe your skin feels tight, scaly, flaky, or a combination of all three. We’ve got you covered.
The following skincare Kit for dry skin can leave your skin happy, hydrated, and glowing. This including; Marigold & Shea Body Butter, Marigold & Turmeric Body Oil, Champagne Pop Sparkling Body Scrub. It contains ingredients such as African Black Soap, Activated charcoal, avocado oil, shea butter, mango butter, distilled water, coconut oil.
CAUSES OF DRY SKIN
Many different things can cause dry skin, including environmental causes and certain health conditions. Some of which are;
- Using harsh deodorants or cleaning products.
- Excessive cleansing.
- Taking long, hot showers or baths.
- Living in cold, dry conditions.
- Using heat sources, such as central heating or wood-burning stoves, that dry out the air
Sometimes, dry skin can be a result of underlying health conditions such as; Dehydration, eczema, diabetes, kidney disease, medications, etc.
WILL DRY SKIN GO AWAY?
Dry skin can go away to some degree when you give your body what it needs to do so. Here are some ways to combat dry skin that are effective if practiced consistently:
- Use a humidifier in the winter. Set it to around 60%, a level that should be sufficient to replenish the top layer of the skin.
- Limit yourself to one 5-to 10-minute bath or shower daily. If you bathe more than that, you may strip away much of the skin's oily layer and cause it to lose moisture. Use lukewarm rather than hot water, which can wash away natural oils.
- Minimize your use of soaps; if necessary, choose moisturizing preparations. Steer clear of deodorant soaps, perfumed soaps, and alcohol products, which can strip away natural oils.
- To avoid damaging the skin, stay away from bath sponges, scrub brushes, and washcloths. If you don't want to give them up altogether, be sure to use a light touch. For the same reason, pat or blot (don't rub) the skin when toweling dry.
- Apply moisturizer immediately after bathing. This helps plug the spaces between your skin cells and seal in moisture while your skin is still damp.
- To reduce the greasy feel of petroleum jelly and thick creams, rub a small amount into your hands and then rub it over the affected areas until neither your hands nor the affected areas feel greasy.
- Never, ever scratch. Most of the time, a moisturizer can control the itch. You can also use a cold pack or compress to relieve itchy spots.
- Avoid wearing wool and other fabrics that can irritate the skin.
You can do a lot on your own to improve your skin, including using moisturizers and avoiding harsh, drying soaps. But sometimes dry skin happens often or is severe. In these cases, you may need help from a doctor who specializes in the skin (dermatologist).
To stay healthy and do its job, the skin needs water and naturally occurring oils to keep it soft, supple, and stretchy. Without moisture and oils, skin can dry out.
HOW MUCH DOES OUR GOOD DRY SKINCARE BUNDLE COST?
With all the products in the market, it can be a bit daunting to figure out what product to use and how to not break the bank. Dry Skincare Bundle by Pink Elephant Cosmetics is a great option for a high-performing moisturizer that comes in at a regular price of $58.50 Sale price $44.50 Sale and you can also gift another as a Holiday/Christmas gift. You can also earn rewards by signing up to the PinkElephantCosmetics store.
If you have any thoughts or questions, feel free to share them in the comment section below.